Rehabilitation Assistant- Neuro Rehabilitation Coach - Transitional Rehabilitation - PRN - Baylor Rehab
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Neuro Transitional Rehabilitation
CNA - PCT - Rehab Assistant
Neuro Rehabilitation Coach - PRN
PRN Rate: $18 per hour
Night Shift (7pm -7am)
This position is located at our beautiful brand new facility, located next to our Downtown Dallas Rehabilitation hospital. Candidates in this role work in a very similar capacity as a Nursing Assistant but at a much higher skill level. This a PRN position working 12 hour shifts from 7pm-7am. A valid Texas Driver License is required.
- Follow through on patient treatment plan including but not limited to goals, precautions, exercises, procedures in collaboration with other transitional team members. Incorporate appropriate communication methods, environmental considerations and behavioral techniques to help patients achieve their maximum outcome.
- Assist and helps patients achieve appropriate goals in all environments including the residential home environment, the clinic environment and in the community. Assist patients in meal planning, food preparation, preparing patient grocery shopping lists and facility lists, and grocery shopping.
- Follow through on all nurse delegation tasks as assigned. Nurse delegation tasks may include: medication administration, vital signs, gastric tube management, diabetic management, O2 administration, crushing medications, intermittent catheterization, insertion and irrigation of indwelling Foley catheters, catheter care, bowel and bladder program management and, trach care.
- Complete documentation as required including daily progress reports, shift reports and incident reports.
- Maintain compliance of all applicable standards and regulations and policies and procedures and processes.
- Observes safety rules, standard precautions and fire regulations. Maintains patient confidentiality, patient rights and privacy. Interacts with patients, families, peers and supervisors in a calm, positive, courteous and appropriate manner.
- Communicate any concerns about patients or families to Shift Supervisor, Nurse Educator or Therapist Team Lead as appropriate to setting.
- Carry out housekeeping tasks as assigned.
- Responsible for transporting patients to and from appointments and/or outings.
- Responsible for maintaining facility vehicles in clean condition and log each trip that is made.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Neuro Transitional Residential Manager or Shift Supervisor.
- Attend scheduled trainings and/or meetings as needed.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (including licensure, certification and other job-related credentials)
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Current State Driver’s License in good standing required.
- Previous Neuro Transitional Rebab experience preferred.
- Certified BLS completion required; for new hires, see CPR Requirement Guidelines for New Hires.
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) or Certified Medication aide preferred.
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.