Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation | Select Medical
West Orange, NJ
Shift Hours: Per Diem, 5AM - 10AM
Monday - Friday (including weekends)
Benefits of becoming an Phlebotomist with us:
- Working with a great nursing team
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Flexible scheduling
- Ability to learn new skills
- Advancement opportunities
- Gaining health care experience
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation opportunities
A Phlebotomist collects/draws blood from all patients as requested. Follows standard operating procedures assuming responsibility for the safety and comfort of the patient. Assures that quality specimens are obtained.
- Performs phlebotomist duties according to established standards, practices and procedures. Uses proper techniques and equipment in the performance of duties.
- Follows standard precautions in performing duties. Assembles supplies and equipment. Assures equipment is clean and functioning properly.
- Greets patient in a courteous/professional manner. Confirms the identification of the patient using the patient’s full name and patient identification number before the procedure is performed. Collects appropriate specimens as indicated on the test request form following Phlebotomy procedures.
- Properly identifies the specimen(s) at the patient’s bedside using the request slip labels or by writing full patient information on the specimen(s) including the date, time and initials.
- Notifies the nursing staff of any problems or concerns encountered. Notifies nursing of any patient who has refused to have their blood drawn as well as “can’t get” patients and documents this via the request form.
- Centrifuges and processes specimens as needed. Verifies specimen collection.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of a Phlebotomy certification course or previous experience required.
- Previous hospital experience or related work preferred.
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the on-boarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.