Environmental Services Technician - Housekeeping - 7am-3pm
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation | Select Medical
West Orange, NJ
Environmental Services Technician / Housekeeping
Shift Hours: 7am-3pm
(This includes weekday & weekend shifts)
Benefits of being a Environmental Services Tech with us:
- Working with a great housekeeping team
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Flexible scheduling
- Ability to learn new skills
- Advancement opportunities
- Gaining health care experience
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with advancement/relocation opportunities
Provides a safe, sanitary and aesthetically pleasing environment by cleaning assigned areas of the facility, following established procedures and frequencies.
- Assists in maintaining the quality and appearance of the physical plant by reporting repair issues and needs on a daily basis or as needed.
- Keeps floors clean and safe by dust mopping and wet mopping as necessary.
- Cleans and polishes all metal trim furnishing and/or equipment as necessary, as well as washes walls, windows and beds as assigned.
- Strips, waxes and buffs floors as assigned using safety precautions to properly carry out the procedures.
- Assists in moving furniture as requested.Replenishes supplies including soap, towels and toilet tissue, as well as other disposable items.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience preferred
- Previous Housekeeping experience preferred
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
- Food and Nutrition Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.