Licensed Professional Counselor- Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation - Neuro Transitional Rehab - PRN - Dallas, TX
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Licensed Professional Counselor
Neuro Transitional Rehabilitation
We currently have an opening for a PRN Licensed Professional Counselor at our Neuro Transitional Rehabilitation facility. The candidate in this role will work on an "as needed" basis.
Great opportunity for an LPC to provide counseling and cognitive, functional therapy to support the recovery of patients who have suffered from an Acquired Brain Injury or Spinal Cord Injury in our unique setting. At times individuals with a brain injury may have pre-existing psychological or mental health issues. This person would be joining a trans-disciplinary team of PT, OT, SLP, Counseling, Rec Therapist, Case Manager, Nursing at the Neuro Transitional Center, a 9 bed facility. Hours would be as needed to support our current LPC and also for coverage when our counselor is out.
Employees in this position will:
1. Schedules psychological assessments with attention to available testing space and materials, as well as clinical priority as determined by the psychologist.
2. Conducts and scores psychological tests and assessments with attention to confidentiality.
3. Records behavior observations in detail.
4. Informs supervising psychologist regarding patient status.
5. Obtains detailed psychosocial histories.
6. Conducts psychotherapy and cognitive remediation therapy as directed by supervising psychologist.
7. Maintains liaison with colleagues in other disciplines.
8. Attends departmental and team meetings and in-services.
9. Completes all reports, notes, forms, etc. in a timely manner.
10. Maintains appropriate licensure/certification.
11. Keeps abreast of research and development in the field.
12. Maintains a therapeutic degree of rapport with the patients and their families.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (including licensure, certification and other job-related credentials)
1. Master’s degree appropriate to position.
2. Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker
3. Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Abilities to learn and teach psychological measures, observe confidentiality and standardization, and demonstrate accuracy, reliability and organizational skill.
5. Certified BLS completion required; for new hires, see CPR Requirement Guidelines for New Hires.
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.