SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital
We are one of the best-kept secrets in healthcare, but speak to anyone that works here and no doubt you will hear all of the same reasons. Are you tired of the “grind” and burnout of nursing, along with layoffs and furloughs? Unrealistic productivity and patient ratios putting your stress levels through the roof? Join us to experience a fantastic culture with a real work/life balance, unbeatable patient/nurse experience, better outcomes, and wonderful facilities.
Wound Care Nurse
Benefits of becoming a Wound Care Nurse with us:
- You are a valued member of our nursing team
- The ability to share your passion for educating others
- Growth opportunities with a successful organization that offers relocation opportunities
- Work-life balance
- Full-benefits package including tuition assistance
- A high success rate of patients being discharged home
- Establishes a leadership role in the wound care program, establishing standards of care across the hospitals and programs in collaboration with Select Medical wound care experts.
- Develops and deploys evidence-based clinical protocols and algorithms to support the best clinical outcomes for wound management, including development and updating product formulary.
- Establishes competencies for clinicians regarding wound care.
- Collaborates with Medical leadership on wound care initiatives, research questions, and outcome measures to support program innovation and excellence.
- Develops educational modules for wound care to be used for internal and external education, including teaching tools for patients and families.
- Analyzes patterns of wounds across programs and hospitals, and identifies targeted PI activities to improve wound outcomes and mitigate pressure sore development.
- Establishes individual programs and courses directed at increasing staff knowledge, competency, and credentials in support of individual job objectives and the overall goals and mission of the organization.
- Coordinates competency evaluation and testing for professional staff in collaboration with clinical departments.
- Works in collaboration with Education department to assure coordination of all educational initiatives and activities to support the overall objectives and goals of the department and the organization.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing and other clinical education programs.
- Maintains the database to track staff education, competency and credentials and utilizes the database to evaluate and plan for future educational activities and programs.
- Works under the direction of the Director of Education on nursing education projects and initiatives related to skin, wound and ostomy management.
- Collaborates with other members of the Education Department on joint educational initiatives.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Valid State RN License required. Previous hospital nursing experience required.
- Master's Degree in Nursing or related field preferred.
- WCC certification required. CWCN, CWOCN or CWS is preferred or certification pending within one year.
- Certified BLS or completion in first 90 days of employment required.
- Excellent presentation skills and organizational skills required.
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.