Floor Technician - Environmental Services Technician
Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital
*A joint venture with Select Medical and Penn State Health*
Floor Technician / Housekeeping
Benefits of being an Environmental Services Tech with us:
- Team-oriented environment
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Advancement opportunities
- Full-benefits package for Full-time employees (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
You will consistently demonstrate commitment to customer service excellence in all interactions with patients, family members, visitors and other staff members. You will be responsible for maintaining a clean work environment in assigned areas, which may include patient rooms, offices, nurse’s stations, lounges, hallways, bathrooms, kitchen areas, elevators and lobby areas
- Performs maintenance of all hospital floors to include, cleaning, stripping, waxing, and buffing on a routine basis.
- Performs cleaning and shampooing of carpeted areas.
- Maintains equipment in clean, working condition.
- Expected to demonstrate proper use of chemicals and other supplies.
- May be responsible for moving furniture and equipment such as floor scrubbers, buffing machines, bins of clean and dirty linen, bins of hospital garbage and contaminated waste.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Previous Housekeeping experience preferred
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
- Food and Nutrition Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.