Receptionist/Switchboard Operator (Per Diem/PRN)
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation | Select Medical
West Orange, NJ
Switchboard Operator (Receptionist)
Shift Hours: Per Diem, 2:00pm - 10:00pm
(This includes varied days and weekends)
This is a Per Diem/PRN, 2:00PM - 10:00PM inpatient rehabilitation position with our hospital in West Orange, NJ (ESSEX COUNTY). Must have some weekday and weekend availability. Come join our team. APPLY TODAY!
Benefits of becoming a Switchboard Operator with us:
- Earn $13/hr with additional pay on weekends
- 8-hour shift
- You are a valued member of our team
- The ability to grow and learn new skills
- Advancement opportunities
- Gaining health care experience
- Competitive rates
- Team-oriented culture
Operates the switchboard and page system. Acts as Institute receptionist. Provides supportive clerical services to various departments.
- Answers all incoming calls in a timely and professional manner and transfers them to the appropriate person and/or department.
- Assesses that the switchboard is in working order, reports any hardware problems to supervisor.
- Provides outside lines for restricted telephones. Monitors usage of outside lines by maintaining records and noting patterns or problems.
- Acts as receptionist for all visitors to the Institute.
- Pages personnel and makes announcements over the intercom system.
- Provides communication according to the official plans of the Institute during emergencies, disasters and related situations.
- Provides routine clerical assistance to various departments, including report distribution, mailing and related duties.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma is required.
- Minimum 1 year office / filing experience preferred.
About Us: At Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation our rehab hospital services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery. For more than 70 years, Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation has pioneered the course of physical medicine and rehabilitation. Consistently named to the prestigious 'America's Best Hospitals' list by US News & World Report, Kessler has set the gold standard in medical rehabilitation and is ranked as one of the top rehabilitation hospitals in the nation.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.