Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
$7,500 Sign On Bonus
Who we are:
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Are you resourceful in overcoming obstacles? Are you a results-oriented team player? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
This position is a full-time float case manager position. Schedule will vary between Select Specialty Hospital - Columbus Victorian Village, Select Specialty Hospital - Columbus East, and Select Specialty Hospital - Columbus South.
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
The Case Manager is responsible for utilization reviews and resource management, discharge planning, treatment plan management and financial management, while also completing medical record documentation. You will report directly to the Director of Case Management and provide social work services, as necessary, per state guidelines.
- Develops and implements a patient specific, safe and timely discharge plan.
- Performs verification of utilization criteria reviews.
- Builds relationships and coordinate with payor sources to assure proper reimbursement for hospital provided services, promote costs attentive care via focus on resource management within the plan of care.
- Demonstrates compliance with facility-wide Utilization Management policies and procedures.
- Coordinates UR compliance with Quality Management to assure all licensure and accrediting requirements are fulfilled.
- Maintains fiscal responsibilities. Assures the department is identifying and negotiating the fullest possible reimbursement to maximize insurance benefit coverage for the patient. Reviews insurance verification forms to minimize risk.
- Facilitates multi-disciplinary team meetings including physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists and rehabilitation therapists.
How you will be successful in this environment:
We are seeking results-driven team players. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing superior quality in all that they do.
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Social Worker (LSW).
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in an acute hospital / medical case management setting and confidence to manage and direct a plan of care for chronically critically ill populations.
- Experience in care management, discharge planning and utilization review.
- Working knowledge of the insurance industry and government reimbursement.
- Possessing excellent organizational and communication skills.
Your benefits as a Case Manager:
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Monday through Friday schedule; six (6) paid holidays.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!