Chief Nursing Officer - Inpatient Rehab
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation | Select Medical
CHESTER, NEW JERSEY
Chief Nursing Officer (CNO)
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation is currently seeking a Chief Nursing Officer to join our collaborative leadership team at our Chester, New Jersey campus.
Consistently named to "America's Best Hospitals" list by U.S. News & World Report, Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation has set the gold standard in rehabilitation and is ranked as one of the top rehabilitation hospitals in the nation.
Today, as the nation's largest single rehabilitation hospital, we continue to define this field providing the highly specialized care, advanced treatment, state-of-the-science technologies and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with: spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, stroke, amputation, neurological disorders, cardiac, orthopedic conditions and cancer to rebuild their lives.
The Chief Nursing Officer serves as a mentor to the nursing team and plays a key role in developing and growing their staff. This is a great opportunity for a strong nurse leader who is looking to take the next step in their professional career or for an experienced CNO looking to join a dynamic organization.
Other requirements of the CNO role include:
- Steer progressive clinical excellence through staff development
- Shares responsibility for employee engagement, recruitment and retention
- Provide nursing care to patients with acute medical conditions
- Actively assign nursing personnel, serve as a resource person and consultant.
- Implement company standards of care, policies, and procedures
- Ensure all regulatory requirements are met
- Create and implement schedule for safe staffing
- Work collaboratively with hospital leadership and other departments in order to achieve the best patient outcomes
- BSN required
- MSN or equivalent Masters in Healthcare or enrollment in a Masters program required
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse required
- 3-5 years of hospital nursing experience required.
- 3 or more yeas of experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity required
- Certified BLS completed on date of hire required
- Three of these years of RN experience in rehabilitation nursing preferred
- Certified ACLS preferred
- CRRN required when eligible.
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
We offer our Chief Nursing Officer a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, great vacation and sick time banks, competitive salary, life insurance, short and long-term disability, discretionary annual bonus, and a fantastic orientation/training program. Join our nationwide network of over 50K talented employees today!
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.