Registered Dietitian - Per Diem
Cleveland Clinic Rehabilitation Hospital
*A joint venture with Select Medical & Cleveland Clinic*
Registered Clinical Dietitian
Benefits of becoming a Dietitian with us:
- Manageable case loads
- A high success rate of patients going home from our hospital
- Competitive rates
- Work-life balance
- Team-oriented culture
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with advancement and relocation opportunities
Comprehensive benefits package for Full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
Provides quality nutritional care to patients, including the assessment of nutritional needs, the development of medical nutrition therapies, and implements these plans with the multi-interdisciplinary team. Participates in multi-interdisciplinary rounds. Provides nutrition education to patients and families. Acting Food Service supervisor as needed/ required by the department. Implements established departmental and Institute policies and procedures. Follows standard practices and complies with regulatory requirements.
- Provides quality nutrition services including, but not limited to, screening, initial assessment, re-assessments, nutrition counseling and education, therapeutic diet calculations, and calorie counts. Develops an appropriate nutritional care plan.
- Considers religious, cultural, and ethical factors when completing nutrition assessments and creating plan of care.
- Evaluates potential food/drug interactions, and/or herb/supplement interactions. Provides nutrition education/counseling as appropriate.
- Communicates and implements the nutritional plan of care with the interdisciplinary care team.
- Attend Interdisciplinary Care meetings, when assigned, for the development of patient care plans. Participates with the interdisciplinary team in various medical rounds (as available at the facility) i.e., wound rounds, or dysphagia rounds.
- Develops and implements educational programs for patients and staff. Works with the patient to identify a nutrition education plan and sets achievable goals.
- Keeps current with nutritional practices and theories. Maintains current ADA requirements, (i.e., Professional Portfolio, self-development, and continuing education classes.)
- Oversees Food and Nutrition departmental office systems, including diet cards, place cards, ordering nutritional supplements, etc. Utilizes the electronic patient information system as needed.
- Acts as Food Service manager during scheduled weekends, holidays, or covering vacation shifts. Supervises staff along with Dietary Manager to achieve hospital and departmental mission and goals.
- Bachelors degree with major studies in Food and Nutrition related field required
- Current state licensure/certification - if required by state
- Current registration by the Commission on Dietetics Registration required
- One year of word experience in a facility setting with clinical responsibilities or equivalent required
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.