Part time position for Certified Hand Therapist
in Sun City, AZ
Large outpatient orthopedic center with diverse patient mix is looking for a hand therapist, CHT prefered but will consider non CHT if you have hand experience and desire to become a CHT.
Outpatient clinic with incredibly diverse patient base. Large multi-disciplinary clinic. We treat everything from Pediatrics to sports therapy to geriatrics to post-operative services. Looking for a hand therapist to provide care at this clinic to treat Post OP and worker's comp hand patients.
Why join our nationwide team of amazing hand therapists?
- Nationally supported mentorship program therapists interested in pursuing their CHT credentials (available in most regions). Experienced therapist have the opportunity to become a mentor.
- Education dept: National UE symposium, National journal club, National CHT study group, free local CEU’s, webinar training programs, additional certification course available for UE COMT
- Hand team meetings in each local area and virtual meetings and training available.
- Opportunities to observe in physician clinics and work in contracted positions in physician’s clinics
- Opportunity for research activities
- Opportunity to teach internal courses on a national and local level and contribute to other educational activities
- Opportunity to develop and participate in program development for special populations
- Hand therapy clinics are fully equipped and provide many treatment options
- Opportunity to deliver unique programs to industrial workers: on-site visits, on site therapy, work conditioning, FCE, ergonomic assessments and pre-employment testing,
Our Clinicians Enjoy:
- UNMATCHED continuing education program with internal CEU accrediting courses, company paid certifications, study groups, journal clubs and more#ACN
Banner Physical Therpay is part of Select Medical's Outpatient Division, a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1700 locations in 37 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, and SSM Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
- Responsible for the evaluation, plan of care, treatment, re-evaluation, discharge, and appropriate communications of high quality hand therapy services to patients and customers.
- Develop treatment plans, supervise assistants and aides, contribute to case management, and provide quality patient care.
- Maintain positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhance and expand client relations with facilities and their staff.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Occupational or Physical Therapy.
- Must hold specialty certification or licensure in Hand Therapy.
- National registration and state licensure or registration REQUIRED.
- MUST have previous,demonstrated marketing experience
- MUST have solid experience in application of custom splinting pre and post-op orthopedic required.
- Minimum two years in adult rehabilitation
- Hand and splinting experience REQUIRED.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate writing of reports, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of dictation equipment.
- Possess grasp ability sufficient for cutting splint material.
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.