Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Physical Therapist (PT)
PRN/Per Diem/As Needed
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
Using discretion and independent judgment, you will assist patients and their families in coping with the unpredictability of illness within the context of the hospital environment.
- Performing initial and ongoing systematic patient assessment.
- Promoting continuous quality improvement.
- Teaching and counseling patients/families.
- Setting goals and developing treatment plans.
- Working cooperatively to identify and solve patient-specific and facility-wide needs.
- Participating in discharge planning for each patient, including placement, patient/family education and adaptive equipment.
- Supervising Physical Therapy Assistants, as well as supervising PT and PTA students.
- Conducting individual patient therapy regimens.
- Monitoring patient's response to treatment and modifying treatment during sessions, as needed.
- Completing appropriate documentation according to department policies and procedures.
- Participating in departmental, hospital, and community continuing education seminars and in-services.
- Requires successful completion of all educational requirements as mandated for state licensure or eligibility for a license in Physical Therapy.
- Current State licensure (or eligibility for State licensure) required.
- Possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by start date.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Some supervisory experience is preferred.
We'd love for you to join the team!