Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Case Manager/Infection Control Nurse
*This is a hybrid role that will split hours between infection control and case management*
$7500 sign-on bonus!
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Are you resourceful in overcoming obstacles? Are you a results-oriented team player? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
The Case Manager is responsible for utilization reviews and resource management, discharge planning, treatment plan management and financial management, while also completing medical record documentation. You will report directly to the Director of Case Management and provide social work services, as necessary, per state guidelines.
You will also plan, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the Infection Control Program.
- Conducting ongoing surveillance using NHSN definitions, through review of admission diagnosis, microbiology results, physician orders, patient medical records and clinical staff discussion.
- Collecting and interpreting data to determine specific problem areas.
- Conducting analysis of data to include risk assessment, prevention and control strategies.
- Ensuring appropriate precautions are in place to reduce infection risks, including hand hygiene compliance and PPE compliance.
- Compiling and interpreting surveillance reports to the Infection Control Committee and hospital staff.
- Participating in quality improvement activities by assessing and measuring HAI rates and evaluating outcomes on a continuous basis.
- Directing investigations of clusters/outbreaks of hospital.
- Participating in new employee orientation and annual training.
- Serving as a resource to all hospital staff on all issues related to infection control and employee health.
- Maintaining compliance with all Infection Control policies, procedures, rules, regulations and standards.
- Maintaining Infection Control Survey Readiness Manual.
We are seeking results-driven team players. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing superior quality in all that they do.
- AD required.
- One (1) year of related experience.
- Valid State RN License and BLS certification.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Specific experience in Care Management and Discharge Planning is preferred.
- BSN preferred.
- CIC Certification preferred.
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Monday through Friday schedule; six (6) paid holidays.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.