Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Medical Lab Technologist
Per Diem/ PRN / As needed
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working in a dynamic environment? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent experience to your team? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us.
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are a results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming obstacles. You are an inventive problem solver.
As a Medical Lab Technologist, you will be responsible for having a working knowledge of all areas of laboratory services provided by Select Medical, including pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical processes.
- Utilizing computer skills for ordering, accessioning and resulting quality controls and patient results.
- Utilizing pre-analytical skills for phlebotomy, preparing and evaluating specimens.
- Following laboratory protocols for daily instrument preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, calibrations, quality controls and proficiency testing with documentation.
- Performing patient testing, recognizing factors affecting results.
- Accessing patient reports for accuracy using delta checks and notifying the nursing unit of critical results.
- Monitoring inventory and reporting inadequacies to the Lab Manager.
- Completing annual educational requirements, required continuing education and maintaining licensure.
You are attentive to detail and organized, focused on being a customer-service oriented team member.
- Successful completion from a School for Medical Technology or Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Associates Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology is required.
- Current certification from one of the following: The American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), American Medical Technologists (AMT), American Association of Bioanalysts (ABB), The National Credentialing Agency of Laboratory Personnel (NCA), or another approved agency.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- One (1) year of clinical laboratory experience preferred.
We'd love for you to join the team!