Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)/Hand Therapy - (Polk County)
Select Physical Therapy in Palm Harbor (East Lake), FL
Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant for Hand Therapy
Calling local certified occupational therapist assistants (COTA) looking for per diem hours! Check out Select Physical Therapy in Palm Harbor, FL!! We are seeking per diem Certified Occupational Therapist Assistants who have at least one year of experience in hands for as needed coverage in our Palm Harbor outpatient location. We have additional hand therapists on staff able to support an occupational therapist or a certified occupational therapist assistant (COTA) in our upbeat team environment.
We are seeking an occupational therapist to treat various upper extremity disorders ranging from tendon injuries, sprains- strains, post- operative fractures, etc. Our population is primarily orthopedic injuries with referrals from hand and orthopedic surgeons.
Best practices and evidence-based programs are utilized for individualized patient care. You will work closely with a (large) group of CHTs, working together in the region for support, education and schedule coverage. Our clinics are fully equipped to provide care to patients ranging from post-surgical, non-operative to work conditioning. You will have the opportunity to work closely with excellent hand surgeons. If you are looking for a stable company with an ACTIVE, GROWING and THRIVING national Hand Therapy program, let's talk!
Hours Needed: Tuesday and Thursday afternoons with additional hours as needed.
Compensation: Hourly based on experience.
Benefits. We do not offer benefits for PRN employees.
Applying. To apply, create an on-line profile and upload your resume to complete our HR application.
Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1800 locations in 38 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
- Responsible for the evaluation, plan of care, treatment, re-evaluation, discharge, and appropriate communications of high quality hand therapy services to patients and customers.
- Develop treatment plans, supervise assistants and aides, contribute to case management, and provide quality patient care.
- Maintain positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhance and expand client relations with facilities and their staff.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Occupational Therapy Assisting
- National registration and state licensure or registration REQUIRED
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Valid state driver’s license
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate writing of reports, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of dictation equipment.
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.