Patient Services Representative - Inpatient Rehab
West Gables Rehabilitation Hospital
*A joint venture with Select Medical & Hospital*
Patient Services Representative
Shift Hours: Varies
The Patient Services Representative (PSR) is responsible for a variety of activities related to the patient experience. The primary tasks include rounding on patients and communicating with them in a respectful manner, managing the patient satisfaction survey process, providing service recovery when needed, and collecting other positive feedback. Assists in activities that enhance the patient experience for patients, families and visitors. The PSR must be familiar with the policies and procedures so they can support patients. Additional responsibilities:
- Welcomes all new patients and assists in their orientation to the hospital. Answers routine and frequently asked questions. If unable to answer questions, refers specific questions/concerns to the appropriate team member.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills including in-person, by phone or in-writing. Communication skills include being articulate, active listening skills, appropriate body language, being patient and polite.
- Assists with day-to-day functions, events and services that promote an excellent patient experience.
- Responsible for the distribution, collection and data entry of the hospital patient satisfaction survey. Rounds on patients daily to discuss patient experience with emphasis on the importance of survey completion and submission.
- Serves as patient ambassador in soliciting patient testimony of exceptional care and communicates staff compliments to staff and management. Ensures patients have the various internal and external methods in which to communicate a positive hospital experience.
- Identifies and understands patient concerns/complaints and is able to escalate to the appropriate department manager immediately. Provides service recovery, feedback and assurance that concerns have been resolved wherever appropriate. Demonstrates problem-solving skills to determine solutions to patients concerns. If unable to resolve, escalates concern to the appropriate leader.
- Provides testimony to leadership of safety stories including the good catches and the opportunities. Participates in hospital committees/activities such as Employee Engagement Committee, Patient Experience Committee, as requested. Assists in supporting patient focused service amenities.
- Must act in a professional manner in dress and conduct at all times.
- Maintains and enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience within a healthcare customer service role preferred.
- Requires skills in report writing, problem solving and critical thinking.
- Requires computer literacy and the ability to utilize additional software programs as implemented.
- Requires experience assisting and serving a variety of diverse cultures and patient populations.
Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.