Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) - PRN
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Are you committed to delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
As a Speech Language Pathologist, you will take initiative, responsibility, and action every day; you understand physical, mental, psychological and social needs of your patients. You have an understanding of communication skills, evaluation, and treatment and a desire to work in collaboration with associates to provide quality interdisciplinary patient programming. You will provide a comprehensive evaluation of communication skills and/or swallowing function and provide goal-oriented treatment to facilitate maximum communication and/or swallowing potential.
- Participates with fellow staff in monitoring the quality of services provided by the Rehab Therapy Department.
- Participates in peer review for staff performance and appraisals.
- Assists in the development of the SLP role in programs and services, as well as revising the departmental policies and procedures.
- Assists in maintaining an adequate stock of supplies.
- Exhibits willingness to share professional knowledge and experience. Alerts the Manager to educational needs
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Graduation from a program satisfying the American Speech/Language/Hearing Association’s academic and practicum requirements for the Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC).
- Must hold a valid license issued by the State in which they are practicing.
- Must have two (2) years of progressively responsible experience.
- BLS required.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- The opportunity to care for complex, critically ill patients.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists, other speech language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.