Insurance Verifier - Louisville, KY (Envoy Circle)
Kentucky Orthopedic Rehab Team is looking for an Insurance Verifier to join our team in Louisville, KY! This position will be the primary verifier for patient insurances, so knowledge of insurances and verifying benefits is a must! Additional duties include providing insurance data support to the Central Billing Office and local market, providing support with Special Projects, using websites for verifications, and occasionally providing coverage in additional clinics as needed.
Schedule for this position includes 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
Normal business hours, no weekends
This position requires knowledge of health insurance, excellent customer service skills and organizational skills, and basic computer experience. The right candidate must have the ability to meet deadlines in fast-paced environment and have superior telephone and people skills.
Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with almost 1800 locations in 37 states, plus the District of Columbia. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payers and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
- Verifies insurance eligibility
- Communicates issues/problems with intakes to the Administrative Service Manager
- Communicates any problems with insurance companies to Administrative Service Manager
- Forward any updates changes or addition of plans from insurance companies to Administrative Service Manager in a timely manner
- Inputs insurance benefits into comment screen within 24 hours of receiving, contingent upon all information is available and accurate in order to receive benefits
- Information put into system is accurate according to information given, e.g. patient ID, group # etc
- Conveys the need for pre-cert or referral as soon as information is received from insurance company
- Answers phone for Administrative offices in a timely and professional manner
- Assures the completeness of all insurance information prior to a perspective patient’s admission
- Provides patient insurance support to billing and collections staff
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of insurance verification experience
- One or two years of related work experience preferred
- Basic computer skills
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.