Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Medical Laboratory Technician
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working in a dynamic environment? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent experience to your team? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
As a Medical Lab Technician, you will be responsible for having a working knowledge of all areas of laboratory services provided by Select Medical, including pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical processes.
- Following laboratory protocols for daily instrument preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, calibrations, quality controls and proficiency testing with documentation.
- Performing patient testing, recognizing factors affecting results.
- Accessing patient reports for accuracy using delta checks and notifying the nursing unit of critical results.
- Advising the Lab Manager of malfunctioning equipment, maintenance problems and any unusual situations, occurrences, conditions or reactions.
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are a results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming obstacles. You are an inventive problem solver.
- Successful completion from a School for Medical Technology or Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Associates Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology.
- Current certification from one of the following: The American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), American Medical Technologists (AMT), American Association of Bioanalysts (ABB), The National Credentialing Agency of Laboratory Personnel (NCA), or another approved agency.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- One (1) year of clinical laboratory experience preferred.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.