Wound Care Nurse (RN)- Part Wound Care/Part Floor Nurse
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Wound Care Nurse (RN)
$7,500 Sign-On Bonus
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
In this role, you will develop and ensure the wound care plan specific for each patient in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team.
- Preserving the integrity of the skin by implementing and monitoring skin preservation strategies.
- Ensuring all wound and skin care protocols are approved by the medical staff.
- Organizing multidisciplinary wound and skin rounds on a weekly basis for high risk patients and patients with current pressure ulcers and other significant wounds.
- Providing hands-on wound care for all difficult and non-healing wounds.
- Serving as a resource to all hospital staff on all issues related to wound and skin care.
- Ensuring all regulatory requirements are met.
- AD (Associate's degree in Nursing) required.
- One (1) year of related experience required.
- Valid State RN License.
- Valid BLS certification.
- Must complete wound care training in the first 90 days in the role.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- BSN preferred.
- The opportunity to care for complex, critically ill patients.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!