Pharmacy Technician - Full Time - Baylor Rehab Hospital- No Weekends - Lakeway
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
8:30 AM-5:00 PM
We are currently seeking a full time Pharmacy Technician to work Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm at our Lakeway hospital.
Employees in this position will enjoy the benefit of not working nights, weekends or holidays!
Employees in this position will:
1. Prepares IV piggyback medications under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
2. Orders, unpacks and stores supplies, verifies items received against invoices and stores
perishables in refrigerators.
3. Delivers supplies and medications to various departments as needed.
4. Fills floor stock requests.
5. Produces labels via computer for requested medications.
6. Compiles outdated medications through monthly inspection of Pharmacy, and returns to
7. Performs Quality Improvement activities as directed.
8. Performs other duties as requested.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (including licensure, certification and other job-related
1. High School diploma or equivalent required.
2. One to two year’s experience as a Pharmacy Technician preferred.
3. Current State Board of Pharmacy Registration as a Pharmacy Technician required.
4. ACPE Sterile Products Certification required.
5. Current Certification by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) preferred.
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.