NovaCare Rehabilitation is seeking a Per Diem Patient Service Specialist (PSS) for our outpatient physical therapy clinic in Erie, PA. Previous medical office experience is highly preferred. This is a Per Diem position that includes Flexibility Monday – Thursday 7:00am – 7:00pm and Friday 7:00am-2:00pm.
The Patient Service Specialist will consistently demonstrate excellence in customer service and the talent to perform all front office administrative duties to best meet the needs of our patients. We are the nation’s leading physical therapy company and our team is dedicated to the communities we serve and delivering an exceptional patient and customer service experience. The Patient Service Specialist position conducts their work in a positive helpful manner, possesses excellent computer, telephone and customer service skills and is detail oriented.
Job duties include:
- Greeting patients
- Patient registration & scheduling
- Insurance verification
- Co-pay collections
- Obtaining referrals and authorizations
- Assisting therapists as needed for general clinic maintenance and upkeep
- Answering telephones and additional administrative functions
- Executes activities as directed by supervising therapist.
- Cleans, sterilizes and prepares equipment in accordance with company policy and guidelines.
- Cleans and maintains therapy/exercise equipment.
- Keeps current with laundry and maintains adequate stock of supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Meet our team! Click the following link to view more information about our center, including employee bios and our hours of operation!
To apply, complete our FULL HR application for Job ID#146947 at https://careers.selectmedical.com/.
NovaCare Rehabilitation is a Select Medical company. Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1500 locations in 37 states, plus the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
- Flexible with availability
- Customer focused
- Great communication skills
- Team Player
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use all necessary office equipment (faxes, copiers, telephones, etc.)
- Ability to interact well with other staff members, customers, field associates and businesses
- Ability to type 40 words per minute preferred
- Strong customer service skills
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.