The COBRA Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the COBRA and Direct Bill functions within the HR/Benefits Department. This includes oversight of daily administration of the plan, participant disbursements and necessary reporting and notification requirements. The COBRA Specialist is also responsible for ensuring the highest quality of service, which meets or exceeds the expectations of the department.
- Generate weekly / monthly COBRA notification letters
- Process all COBRA enrollments / terminations within the COBRA system, as well as with vendors
- Timely posting of payments from COBRA participants
- Provide necessary reporting to leadership as needed
- Perform quarterly audits of COBRA enrollment with each vendor
- Maintain oversight of Direct Bill processes
- Answer calls and emails
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field; experience may be substituted for educational requirements
- 2-3 years of applicable Human Resources experience with a general knowledge of benefits administration and COBRA guidelines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of Oracle, or a related HRIS system is preferred, but not required
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.