Dignity Health Rehabilitation Hospital
*A joint venture with Select Medical and Dignity Health*
Director of Food & Nutrition
Dignity Health Rehabilitation Hospital is currently seeking a Director of Food and Nutrition to join their collaborative leadership team. The Director of Food and Nutrition serves as a mentor to the dietary services team and plays a key role in developing and growing their staff. This is a great opportunity for a strong leader who is looking to make the next step in their professional career or for an experienced director looking to join a dynamic organization.
We offer our Director of Food and Nutrition a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, vacation and sick time banks, competitive salary, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and a good orientation/training program. Join our nationwide network of over 50K talented employees today!
Director of Food & Nutrition manages and coordinates operations of the department including food service and nutritional care to promote optimal patient care while providing exemplary customer service. Plans, organizes and implements department policies and procedures. Performs multiple responsibilities including but not limited to menu planning, staff management, development, training and evaluation of systems and processes to achieve department goals. Assures compliance with standard practices and regulatory requirements. May supervise the operation of the Gift Shop.
- Ensures that direct reports have received upon hire and continue to receive throughout employment the training, information and support to accomplish departmental objectives and meet job requirements.
- Initiates, schedules, directs and controls the daily operation of the Food and Nutrition Department through supervision of clinical nutrition and service staff.
- Ensures menu compliance with modified and therapeutic diets.
- Supervises and instructs Food and Nutrition supervisors and clinical staff in floor visits, screening and calorie counts.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses)
- Bachelor's Degree required. Bachelor's Degree in Nutritional Sciences or equivalent preferred.
- Current and valid registration as a Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration preferred.
- Five or more years in a management capacity in a Food and Nutrition department/food service administration required.
- Thorough knowledge of food products and service, operations, staffing, handling, storage and regulatory requirements required.
- Knowledge of nutrition and therapeutic diets preferred.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.