Admissions Coordinator - Inpatient Rehab
Kessler Rehabilitation Hospital - West Orange
*A joint venture with Select Medical & Kessler*
West Orange, NJ
Admissions Coordinator - Full-Time
As the Admissions Coordinator, you are one of the first faces our patients see when coming to our rehab hospital. The Admissions Coordinator is a key member of our admissions/business development team and keep everything moving smoothly within the department.
Benefits of being an Admissions Coordinator with us:
- The ability to grow and learn new skills
- Advancement and growth opportunities
- Gaining health care experience
- Competitive rates
- Team-oriented culture
- Comprehensive benefits package for Full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
Attends to telephone inquiries from patients, Case Managers, Physicians, Social Workers and outside agencies. Processes financial clearance prior to admissions by contacting insurance carrier, thereby assuring payment before patients are admitted. Assists in maintaining the Admissions Department on a daily basis. Coordinates activities with other departments as needed and participates in other related organizational activities.
- Attends to telephone inquiries from patients, case managers, physicians and outside agencies. Explains the Pre-admission process.
- Assists in overseeing the workflow relating to Pre-Admissions and supervises the department as requested.
- Receives faxed referrals and ensures that the referrals are reviewed and medically approved by a physician.
- Contacts insurance carriers to confirm coverage, verify benefits and obtain authorization/pre-certification to ensure reimbursement.
- Verifies Medicare/Medicaid on Passport and prints out verification.
- Notifies referring hospital case managers of decision and schedules admissions.
- Enters patient data in the HMS scheduling menu and enters details of patient’s benefits and billing instructions in Global notes.
- Maintains a referral database in Lotus Notes.
- Prepares an Advance Notification Spreadsheet with list of scheduled admissions for the day and emails list to appropriate departments.
- Keeps supervisor informed of progress/problems.
- Cross-trained to interview, register and admit a patient into the facility.
- Provides tours for families of prospective patients.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses)
- Education: High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- A minimum of two years experience performing a broad range of duties with an Admissions or Pre-Admissions Department required.
- Previous experience within a physical rehabilitation setting preferred.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.