West Gables Rehabilitation Hospital
Per Diem / As Needed
Shift Hours Vary
4:00 am to 12:30 pm or 10:00 am to 7:30 pm
*Our Kitchen is open 7 days a week*
Looking to pick up a few shifts a month? West Gables Rehabilitation Hospital is currently seeking Per Diem Cooks to join our team. Per Diem employees work on an "as needed" basis to cover weekends, vacations, and when department workload picks up. We are willing to train motivated individuals.
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are a results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming obstacles. You are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
You will prepare foods for patients, staff, and guests, and may assist with general cleaning of the cooking and eating areas. In the absence of the Manager, the Cook supervises the dietary staff, ensuring that our facility and departmental policies and procedures are adhered to, and that proper sanitation, safety and infection control policies are being followed.
- Accepting and understanding both verbal and written instructions.
- Providing high quality food preparation and service.
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment to meet department standards.
- Maintaining high standards of quality food production and portion control.
- Demonstrating a willingness to help with work that needs to be done.
- Taking initiative to not only identify problems, but to bring about a positive and sustainable solution.
How you will be successful in this environment:
You are attentive to detail and organized, focused on being a customer-service oriented team member.
- Having your high school diploma or equivalent.
- Having at least one (1) year of supervised work experience.
- You are experienced in the preparation and service of foods, in estimating quantities of food needed, and in principles of sanitation and safe handling of food and equipment.
- Hospital experience is preferred.
- Having a positive, compassionate and customer-service oriented attitude.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.