Excellent opportunity for an Accountant with strong technical accounting skills to assist the VP Controller-Critical Illness Recovery Hospitals Division in the oversight of the GL Accounting function (Revenue & Non-Revenue) for the Division.
- Ensure that processes and controls are followed allowing for the delivery of high quality financial reporting.
- Collaborates with the Division’s Director of Revenue and Accounting Managers to ensure timely completion of the month-end close process.
- Coordinates completion of consolidated month-end close processes including balance sheet and P&L analysis.
- Ensures that balance sheet account reconciliations are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Facilitates and directs Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) for the Division
- Supports the Division on matters of technical accounting. Coordinates with the Corporate Financial Reporting Team on highly technical matters, implementation of new accounting standards and business combination accounting.
- Leads, manages and provides direction to assigned staff.
- Plays a lead role in the coordination and completion of external auditor quarterly review and annual audit inquiries.
- Participates in the creation of best practices and implementation of improvements to current accounting processes.
- Assists VP Controller with accounting and due diligence for any acquisitions within the Division.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Finance.
- Five years of experience managing teams.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Working knowledge of COSO and ICFR.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
CPA and/or related advanced degree.
HealthCare experience is a plus.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.