Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - TCU - Full Time
Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital
*A joint venture with Select Medical & Penn State Health*
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Full Time - Transitional Care Unit (TCU)
Full time: Week one and three Friday/Monday/Tuesday 7-11p, Wednesday and Thursday day shift 12 hours
Week two and four Saturday/Sunday/Wednesday 7-11p, Monday and Thursday day shift 12 hours
Benefits of becoming a CNA with us:
- Manageable case loads
- High success rate of patients going home from our hospital
- Competitive rates and shift differentials
- Team-oriented culture
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with advancement and relocation opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package for Full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, assists patients in the rehabilitation process through provision of appropriate nursing care as well as carryover of rehabilitation techniques.
- Completes daily assignments as directed by a nurse.
- Obtains vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations) as directed.
- Answers all call lights promptly.
- Reinforces rehabilitation techniques as directed.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses)
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous hospital experience preferred.
Transitional care allows patients to receive medically-supervised therapy by highly-trained physical, occupational and speech therapists in a comfortable, friendly setting. This facility is designed to provide medical, nursing and therapy services to patients with the express purpose of "transitioning" them back to their prior living arrangements when possible.
Patients admitted to Penn State Health Transitional Care typically stay less than two weeks, depending on the patient's progress and discharge destination. Each patient, on average, can expect to receive one to two hours of therapy daily. Each patient has an individually-designed care plan with input from a physician, nursing staff, therapy team and case manager.
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.