Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Market Director of Business Development
Who we are:
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Are you resourceful in overcoming obstacles? Are you a results-oriented team player? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
When a patient has spent time in the ICU, sometimes he or she will need more intensive, specialized care to fully recover. Our hospitals offer an extended acute care setting that focuses on mobility, weight-bearing, ambulation, and nutrition - all crucial contributors to getting patients back to their baseline of health.
The Market Director of Business Development leads the business development and admissions efforts for multiple critical illness recovery hospitals. The successful candidate will oversee a team of clinical liaisons and admissions coordinators in developing and nurturing professional relationships with physicians, discharge planners, payers, and other clinicians in acute care hospitals.
- Being a leader who works alongside Liaisons in the field and develops relationships with hospital leaders at every level.
- Being highly attentive to the needs of your team in the field by being available to remove obstacles and invest in continuous training and employee development.
- Collaborating with hospital directors and CEOs to create admissions strategies and remove obstacles to patient admissions and discharges.
- Craft messaging that Liaisons can take into the field to improve understanding of and focus on our specialized level of care.
- Use data to understand hospital and market trends and to advise teammates and referring entities in best practices.
How you will be successful in this environment:
We are seeking results-driven team players. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing superior quality in all that they do.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Marketing or a clinical field; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of healthcare reimbursement and regulatory standards, as well as knowledge of hospital care and discharge practices.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Proven success in relationship development with people within and outside your organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively with members of the marketing and Nurse Liaison teams to establish and achieve referral goals.
- Professional sales skills required.
- Five (5) or more years of progressive experience in hospital sales and marketing.
- Three (3) or more years of team management experience.
Your benefits as the Director of Business Development:
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.