Nutrition Assistant, Per Diem
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation
West Orange, New Jersey campus
PER-DIEM NUTRITION ASSISTANTS
We are seeking several nutrition assistants to work on a per-diem basis in our Food and Nutrition Department located at our West Orange ,New Jersey campus.
Must be available to work a minimum of 4 days (two of which must be weekend) per month and have flexibility to work variable hours including; 6 am-2 pm, 7 am -3 pm, 8 am-4 pm or 11 am-7 pm), and some weekends.
For over six decades, Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation has pioneered the course of physical medicine and rehabilitation. Consistently named to “America’s Best Hospitals List” by U.S News & World Report, Kessler has set the gold standard in rehabilitation and is ranked as one of the leading rehabilitation hospitals in the nation.
Performs diversified duties related to departmental guidelines for menu implementation and maintenance for departmental office systems. Follows standard practices and complies with regulatory requirements.
This role requires to help and assess the quality of the hospital's food and pinpoint what areas that can be improved upon. It is the duty of the Nutrition Assistant to make sure that all patients are receiving and consuming proper nourishment.
- Prepares, assembles, delivers and retrieves patient menus according to prescribe diets.
- Assists patients in need of assistance using correct dietary plan in a pleasant and courteous manner.
- Updates changes in conjunction with physician dietary orders.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of HMS System.
- Updates changes in menu labeling.
- Creates, prints and places menu labels on menu as needed.
- Follow proper HIPAA and Joint Commission guidelines in accordance with Institute and departmental policies.
- Performs clerical assignments in Food and Nutrition Office including faxing, answering phones, filing, photocopying etc.
- Maintain proper levels of supplies(menu paper, labels).
- Responsible for placing and following up on supply orders to ensure products are received and inventory levels are maintained.
- Maintain organization and efficiency of department office.
- Some college preferred but will consider a High School graduate with comparable work experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience in Nutrition is required specifically working in a hospital setting.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
We offer a highly competitive hourly rate of pay.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.