Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Medical Laboratory Technician / Phlebotomist
At Select Specialty/ Regency Hospital, a division of Select Medical, our specialty hospitals care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. We are currently seeking a Medical Laboratory Technician / Phlebotomist to join our team. We offer an excellent network of career opportunities across the U.S.
As a Medical Lab Technician / Phlebotomist, you will be responsible for having a working knowledge of all areas of laboratory services provided by Select Medical, including pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical processes.
Other responsibilities of the Medical Lab Technician / Phlebotomist position include:
- Follows laboratory protocols for daily instrument preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, calibrations, quality controls, and proficiency testing with documentation
- Performs phlebotomy duties according to established standards, practices, and procedures
- Performs patient testing recognizing factors affecting results, including differences in sex and age
- Accesses patient reports for accuracy using delta checks and notifying the nursing unit of critical results prior to releasing the results to the nursing unit in a timely manner
- Notifies the nursing staff of any problems or concerns encountered during the blood draw process
- Advises the Lab Manager of malfunctioning equipment, maintenance problems,and any unusual situations, occurrences, conditions, or reactions
As a Medical Lab Technician / Phlebotomist, you must be able to deliver superior quality in all that you do. We are seeking results-driven team players who treat patients as if they were their own family members. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing a superior quality of care. You must also be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Other requirements include:
- Requires completion from a School for Medical Technologist (Clinical Laboratory Scientist) or Medical Laboratory Technician (Clinical Laboratory Technician program) AND/OR Completion of a phlebotomy certification course with experience
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Join a Select Team of Excellence Today!
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.