Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation | Select Medical
Cook / Chef / Banquet Chef / Event Chef
Shift Hours: Per Diem, 11am - 7pm
(This includes weekdays & weekends)
We are currently seeking a Cook for our rehab hospital located at Chester, NJ (MORRIS COUNTY) for a Per Diem opportunity. Come join our team!
Benefits of being a Cook with us:
- Earn $19.25/hr with additional pay on weekends
- Working with a great kitchen and dietary team
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Flexible scheduling
- Ability to grow and learn new skills
- Advancement opportunities
- Gaining healthcare experience
- Team-oriented culture
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation opportunities
Under the supervision of the Dietary Manager, the Cook prepares all hot/cold food items for patient meals, cafeteria and catered functions following established standards. Works as a team member with other production personnel to produce quality, cost effective, nutritious meals for patients, visitors, employees and catered functions.
- Prepares and cooks meals for patients, employees, guests and special events.
- Selects quality ingredients for food preparation, ensures equipment utilized is clean and sanitized.
- Monitors appropriate temperatures/time controls during the production of all food items.
- Assures effective portion control and optimum utilization of leftovers. Ensures food items are properly cooled and stored.
- Completes the ordering of departmental items as assigned, which may include Raw Food items, Nutritional Supplements, Uniforms, and/or Small wares.
- Participates in menu review and revision with the Dietary Manager and/or Dietician considering budget, nutritional needs, patient satisfaction and market changes.
- Maintains recipe file and follows standardized recipes and portions sizes.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses):
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Thorough knowledge of culinary arts, including: backing, cooking salad preparation, the procurement and storage of perishable and non-perishable items is required.
- Serve Safe Certification is required.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.