Long-Term Acute Care Hospital
At Select Specialty/ Regency Hospital, a division of Select Medical, our specialty hospitals care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. We are currently seeking an Admissions Assistant to join our team. We offer an excellent network of career opportunities across the U.S
Select Medical's, Specialty Acute Care Hospitals care for patients who are critically ill and need an extended, acute hospitalization for their recovery. We are currently seeking an Admissions Assistant to join our team. We offer an exceptional employee experience, an environment dedicated to safety and quality, ongoing educational and skill building resources and advancement opportunities.
The Admissions Assistant is a patient advocacy position designed to provide patients at Select Specialty hospitals with a primary point of contact during the course of a patient’s stay. This position requires direct experience in third-party reimbursement, knowledge of how Medicare benefits are applied in an inpatient setting, and knowledge of medical terminology.
Due to the fast pace and interpersonal nature of this role, the successful applicant must also be independent customer service oriented and have excellent organization, time management, task prioritization and communication skills.
Specific responsibilities of the Admissions Assistant include:
- Serve as a primary point of contact and advocate for patient and family needs and issues
- Greet patients and families at time of admission and provide tour and information about Select Specialty hospitals
- Facilitate timely and accurate completion of all admissions paperwork
- Support compliance with the Select Medical policy for patient grievances
- Partner with the Central Admissions Office to ensure that the Hospital is prepared to accept a new patient
As an Admissions Assistant, you must be able to deliver superior quality in all that you do. We are seeking results-driven team players who treat patients as if they were their own family members. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing a superior quality of care. You must also be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Other requirements of the Admissions Assistant role include:
- 3-5 years of experience in a hospital, physician practice or insurance environment
- Direct experience in third party reimbursement
- Knowledge of how benefits under the Medicare program are applied in the inpatient setting
Our focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your health care needs.
Other full-time benefits of the Admissions Assistant position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Select Medical operates hospitals in multiple states offering attractive growth and relocation opportunities
Join a Select Team of Excellence Today!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.