Select Medical treats more than 80,000 patients in a typical day. Ranging from some of the most critically ill individuals in our nation’s healthcare system to some of the most fit athletes. Our patients benefit from the combined knowledge and expertise of over 50,000 employees. No matter what the setting, our workforce is dedicated to providing an exceptional patient experience.
The Information Security program at Select Medical is expanding its Governance, Risk and Compliance Team to include an additional Information Security Specialist / Analyst. We are seeking a highly-motivated individual to assist in coordinating critical Governance, Risk and Compliance programs. Select Medical offers an innovative, fast-paced work environment where an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged. Qualified individuals should have a degree in Information Security, Information Risk Assurance or related discipline, along with relevant work experience.
- Create and conduct IT risk assessments of third parties; create summaries of assessments including results, recommendations, and action plans when necessary
- Provide Information Security risk advisory and consultative services to internal customers, including IT, Business, and Risk and Compliance stakeholders
- Ensure timely completion of Information Security risk assessment, remediation, and compliance efforts
- Contribute to the creation and review of IT and Information Security policies and procedures
- Assist with the development of procedures and guidelines in support of Governance, Risk and Compliance programs
- Understand our layers of security, processes, and procedures to:
- Evaluate compliance of information systems, platforms, and IT operating procedures to industry standard frameworks, regulations and best practices including HIPAA, PCI, ISO and NIST
- Identify any potential areas of improvement and make recommendations how to address those areas
- Identify, track and escalate gaps identified during risk reviews and communicate compliance issues to senior management
- Respond to risk assessments from our existing and potential customers
- Review contract and contract modifications related to security
- Develop and prepare governance KPI reports on status of risk assessments, control effectiveness, control gap remediation, internal audit and examination
- Contribute to the Medical Device Security Lifecycle Management Program
- Promote integration of Information Security risk management into business and IT processes and projects, as well as Corporate Risk and Compliance programs
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills to balance differing stakeholder interests through sound analysis and persuasion
- Instill a sense of urgency in driving assignments to completion
- Be flexible, organized, proactive and motivated
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess a high degree of integrity and trust along with the ability to excel both as a member of a high-performance team and an independent contributor
- Keen attention to detail is essential
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential
- Possess strong organizational and presentation skills
- Strong dedication to quality customer service
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must
- Ability to comprehend a wide variety of security and enterprise technologies, their directions, trends, and strategic business impact on key business initiatives
- Ability to combine strategic business and technical direction, and translate concepts into actionable implementation plans
- Demonstrated experience working on successful teams preferred
- Demonstrated experience learning, adapting, and overcoming obstacles preferred
- Experience in an IT Governance, Risk or Compliance role preferred
- Demonstrated experience in auditing and assessing compliance controls preferred
- B.S. or B.A. in Information Security or related field, or equivalent related work experience
- Experience with NIST Cyber Security Framework and SANS Critical Security Controls a plus
Trust, respect, teamwork, results orientation and resourcefulness are values Select Medical was founded on. Together we call these values The Select Medical Way and they are what set us apart as a premier healthcare provider and employer. We are guided by these values, and we put people first.
If you’re looking for a meaningful career you will find it here at Select Medical, where we offer the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- No Required Weekends
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.