Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Must be CT certified
Who we are:
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working in a dynamic environment? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent experience to your team? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are a results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming obstacles. You are an inventive problem solver.
Under the supervision of the CNO, the Radiologic Technologist is responsible for preparing the patient for diagnostic procedures by explaining the process of the scans to the patient and properly positioning the patient to capture the appropriate images. The Technologist correctly operates equipment in order to produce cross-sectional images of patient's bones, organs and tissue.
- Understands and completes necessary requisitions for ordered exams in a timely manner and schedules all exams accurately.
- Performs diagnostic Radiographic/Fluoroscopic/CT exams on patients both in the department and with portable equipment.
- Demonstrates the ability to inject IV contrast media, as needed.
- Performs a variety of examinations, reconstructions and various printing protocols.
- Identifies various types of mechanical and electronic equipment failures in order to accurately diagnose general problems with radiographic machines and processors.
- Explains the procedure to the patient and answers any questions related to the equipment or the procedure.
- Properly moves and transports patients to and from department, as required.
- Orders necessary supplies and maintains par levels.
- Attends required in-services and orientations.
- Works closely with floor staff and builds positive relationships in order to facilitate excellent patient care.
How you will succeed in this environment:
You are attentive to detail and organized, focused on being a customer-service oriented team member.
- At least three (3) years of experience as a Registered Radiologic Technologist and a current state license (as required).
- Must have ARRT or CMRT certification.
- BLS certification is required.
- Must be current with Continuing Education in all fields of licensure.
- Experience operating facility-specific equipment desirable.
Your benefits as a Radiologic Technician:
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.