Select Medical is expanding its Information Security Team and is seeking highly motivated individuals to work with the latest security technologies. Select Medical offers an innovative, fast-paced work environment where an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged. Qualified individuals should have a degree in Computer Science, Information Risk Assurance or related discipline, along with at least 6 years of relevant experience.
This position is responsible for helping with the planning, design and implementation of security solutions. This individual will collaborate on multiple security-related projects and technologies, interfacing with team members within the IT organization as well as other internal business units and external customers/partners.
You will play a key role Information Security program, aimed at maximizing the company’s alignment with corporate security polices/standards, strategic goals and regulatory requirements.
- This individual must display an in-depth understanding of the latest trends and technologies related to IT Security as they will be a senior member of the Cyber Incident Response Team.
- Responsible for strategy, tactics, and mentoring Cyber Incident Response Team in the following areas:
- Threat Hunting
- Threat Intelligence and IOCs
- Threat Modeling
- IR Process and Procedures
- Computer Forensics
- Respond to security related incidents escalated from various departments, working across multiple teams to communicate and manage expectations during the resolution of any issue.
- Possess a high degree of integrity and trust along with the ability to work independently.
- Execute computer forensics on an as-needed basis.
- Assist leadership in ensuring Incident Response Plan is effective and executed properly
- Expertise with an interpreted programming language (PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.).
- Working knowledge of anti-malware protection systems such as IPS/IDS, Sandboxing technologies, host based AV, EDR, NGFW/
- Hands on experience using commercial Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) systems
- Maintain proficiency in the threat and vulnerability best practices.
- In-depth understanding of various types of network & web based attacks and remediation. Familiarity with well-known vulnerabilities and exploits.
- Expert understanding of the Windows and *nix operating systems, Active Directory, OSI model and TCP/IP networking protocols and concepts.
- Establish collaborative working relationships with the business units to ensure that IT security policies and standards enable a secure and scalable environment.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Information Security frameworks, standards and regulations, including NIST, MITRE, ISO, HIPAA and SOX.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication as incident report writing and presentation to leadership are an expectation.
- Demonstrate strong ability to balance differing stakeholder interests through sound analysis and persuasion.
- Instill a sense of urgency in driving assignments to completion.
- Take responsibility for researching and providing input to Information Security strategies.
- Be flexible, organized, proactive and motivated.
- Enjoy understanding and presenting risk context in a highly collaborative work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Risk Assurance or related discipline.
- 5-10 years of Cyber Security Experience
- CISA, GREM, CEH, OSCP GIAC, GCIH certifications are a plus
Trust, respect, teamwork, results orientation and resourcefulness are values Select Medical was founded on. Together we call these values The Select Medical Way and they are what set us apart as a premier healthcare provider and employer. We are guided by these values and we put people first.
If you’re looking for a meaningful career you will find it here at Select Medical, where we offer the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
Select Medical is an EOE
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.