Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
$10,000 Sign-on Bonus
Who we are:
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provide quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you thrive on collaboration? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us.
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
Under the general direction of the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), you are responsible for maintaining the efficient functioning of designated nursing units on a twenty-four (24) hour basis.
- Guiding, planning and directing hospital activities with ongoing assessment of the quality and efficiency of these activities.
- Assessing patient care needs and coordinating the appropriate assignment of nursing staff in order to facilitate patient attainment of expected outcomes.
- Coordinating schedules for nursing staff assigned to the area of responsibility.
- Assisting with establishing and maintaining communication channels with medical staff and other departments within the hospital.
- Participating in budgetary formulation and cost containment for areas of responsibility.
- Maintaining effective utilization of manpower, equipment and supplies.
- Assessing the need for and assisting in implementation of staff education and clinical development programs.
- Assuming all administrative responsibilities on the unit on designated shifts.
- Supervising the overall nursing care performance, maintaining quality patient care and providing staff assessments with written evaluations at designated intervals.
How you will be successful in this environment:
You are passionate about providing a superior patient and employee experience. You are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Current RN license and at least three (3) years of clinical practice experience, with at least one (1) year of critical care experience in a hospital environment.
- Minimum of one (1) year of management experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is preferred.
- ACLS is required.
Your benefits as the Nurse Manager:
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and meaningful lives beyond our doors.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
- Clinical Advancement Program for RNs who would like to advance their skills with a PCCN certification and/or CCRN certification, both of which would include quarterly bonuses.
- Nurse Executive Development Program, which is a mentoring initiative that shapes top performing nurses into leaders in our hospitals.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.