Select Medical has been recognized as a Forbes "Best-In-State" Employer
The Billing Supervisor will Coordinate reporting of issues and other key particulars for local market and Central Billing Office (CBO) within assigned job function. Act as a liaison between payors and management team to allow best communication of reimbursement policies, procedures, and resolutions to issues causing delays to cash and accounts receivable management.
- Ensure team bills timely and accurately per billing schedule, bill cycle, AT, etc
- Maintain proactive approach to billing to get clean claims out the door the first time
- Track claims billed and reconcile to RMT
- Regularly monitor Emdeon Claim Master for incompletes, rejections, volume tracking, payor issues – communicating with team and management as applicable
- Ensure all WC claims are billed per schedule, electronic errors are worked and resolved timely
- Test new software systems or payors as needed for EDI. Work to increase EDI volume.
- Assist staff members with questions and/or problems in regards to accounts or within the various billing software systems; provide training to new or established staff members as needed.
- Coordinate special projects, assignments and work distribution
- Maintain billing schedule/checklists/calendar accounting for all billing
- Oversee and follow rebill schedule. Coordinate quarterly rebills.
- Recognize and/or act upon billing issues inferred from reported data, management, or daily operations. Provide feedback to the appropriate company levels on resolutions
- High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum two years customer service and high volume medical billing and collections.
One to two years training experience preferred:
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills that promote teamwork, participation, and development.
- Ability to interpret and understand contracts and basic accounting principles.
- Ability to handle projects and present reports in a manner easily understood by others.
- Required to be proficient in Windows based office technologies (ex. Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and billing systems.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Select Medical is an EOE
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.