Select Medical is seeking highly motivated individuals focused on exceptional customer service to work within an innovative, fast-paced work environment where an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged.
- Do you pride yourself in delivering superior quality in all that you do?
- Do you treat others as they would like to be treated?
- Are you results-oriented and a team player?
- Do you take pride in finding resourceful ways of overcoming obstacles?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, we want you!!!
Select Medical is looking for a proactive, results-oriented Cisco Network Engineer / Analyst to manage the day-to-day support of our network infrastructure in Select Medical’s hospitals, clinics, and administrative locations across the country. Our network operations team supports the network connections to 1,800+ locations as well as the wired and wireless networks within those locations.
The Cisco Network Engineer / Analyst is responsible for delivering quality customer service while providing company-wide technical support for the installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and diagnosis of network connectivity. This position is responsible for the 24 x 7 support of Select’s network. Support includes investigating problems, determining the root cause and implementing solutions. The impact of these problems can span from a single application or location to company-wide. The Cisco Network Engineer / Analyst must understand multiple technologies including deep understanding of wireless networks, routing protocols, wide area network accelerations; be able to work with and coordinate multiple internal groups and external vendors; and be able to resolve most problems with little direct supervision. This position must maintain coordination and communication with other IS teams in support of the locations and their associated projects. This position reports to the Manager, Network Operations.
- Be able to diagnose, investigate, and troubleshoot problems reported to the network operations team and determine the root cause of the problem.
- Ensures resolution to all escalated network and circuit related issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Implement and troubleshoot Cisco wired and wireless networks.
- Continuously monitor a wide variety of network systems that include communication circuits, LAN/WAN systems, routers, switches, wireless LAN controllers, access points and UPS’s.
- Collects and reviews performance reports for various connections and reports trends in performance to senior technical personnel to help them forecast future issues or outages.
- Assists other groups in diagnosing problems with applications using network logging and monitoring tools.
- Supports the mission and direction of Select Medical Information Services.
- BS or BA degree in Business Systems, Computer Science or Information Systems or other equivalent education or experience.
- 5 or more years’ of experience managing wired and wireless networks including Cisco IOS in a multi-site organization, MPLS and routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP or OSPF, Cisco DMVPN over broadband or equivalent site-to-site VPN technology. SD-WAN, Cisco Meraki, Cisco Prime and DNA Center experience and WAN optimization technology are a plus.
- CCNA certification required (or must be obtained within 1 year of start date).
- Excellent time management and organizational skills along with a strong sense of urgency prioritizing resolution of issues that affect the business.
- Ability to effectively multi-task while adapting to changing business priorities.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential. Experience with NetScout and PRTG tools a plus.
Select Medical is a leading provider of specialized health care in both inpatient and outpatient settings, treating more than 80,000 patients in a typical day. Ranging from some of the most critically ill individuals in our nation’s healthcare system to some of the most fit athletes, our patients benefit from the combined knowledge and expertise of over 50,000 employees. No matter what the setting, our people are dedicated to providing an exceptional patient experience.
Select Medical is an EOE.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.