Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Payor Relations Specialist (Precert Nurse)
Who we are:
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Are you resourceful in overcoming obstacles? Are you a results-oriented team player? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
As the Payor Relations Specialist, you will manage the pre-certification and prior authorization of referrals scheduled for admission to our hospital.
Communication with Payors -
- Initiates and completes patient authorizations.
- Obtains timely authorization of all patients requiring pre-certification and is accountable for conversion percentage and results.
- Ensures all policies governing commercial pre-certification and authorization are followed to minimize financial risk.
- Develops relationships that increase and stabilize conversion, as well as, generates referrals both locally and regionally.
- Maintains relationship profile by payor for payor case managers and medical directors.
Collaborate with Business Development/Case Management -
- Encourages a smooth and effective hand-off of patients to Case Management to ensure continuity in patient care plan.
- Serves as a member of the Business Development Team by educating the team on payor preference to avoid backtracking and rework.
- Maintains and further develops relationships with customers, which may include but are not limited to, surveying for satisfaction with the work of Select Medical and off-site meetings with the customer.
Financial/Risk Responsibilities -
- Evaluates Commercial benefits as verified by the Central Business Office. Reviews benefits with Admissions Coordinator for possible risk and applies/completes written guidelines as necessary to reduce or manage risk.
- Completes billing and reimbursement and shares it with the Admissions Coordinator and Case Management team.
How you will be successful in this environment:
We are seeking results-driven team players. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing superior quality in all that they do.
- At least two (2) years of direct experience in third party reimbursement.
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
Your benefits as a Payor Relations Specialist:
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Monday through Friday schedule; six (6) paid holidays.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.