WOUND CARE NURSE/ RN
KESSLER INSTITUTE FOR REHABILITATION
SADDLE BROOK CAMPUS
At Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation,our services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery. We are currently seeking an experienced Wound Care Nurse/ RN to join our team. This position will be located primarily at the Saddle Brook campus. It is a full time Mon-Fri position..
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation provides advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
- Establishes a leadership role in the wound care program, establishing standards of care across the hospitals and programs in collaboration with Select Medical wound care experts.
- Develops and deploys evidence-based clinical protocols and algorithms to support the best clinical outcomes for wound management, including development and updating product formulary.
- Establishes competencies for clinicians regarding wound care.
- Collaborates with Medical leadership on wound care initiatives, research questions, and outcome measures to support program innovation and excellence.
- Develops educational modules for wound care to be used for internal and external education, including teaching tools for patients and families.
- Analyzes patterns of wounds across programs and hospitals, and identifies targeted PI activities to improve wound outcomes and mitigate pressure sore development.
- Establishes individual programs and courses directed at increasing staff knowledge, competency, and credentials in support of individual job objectives and the overall goals and mission of the organization.
- Coordinates competency evaluation and testing for professional staff in collaboration with clinical departments.
- Works in collaboration with Education department to assure coordination of all educational initiatives and activities to support the overall objectives and goals of the department and the organization.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing and other clinical education programs.
- Maintains the database to track staff education, competency and credentials and utilizes the database to evaluate and plan for future educational activities and programs.
- Works under the direction of the Director of Education on nursing education projects and initiatives related to skin, wound and ostomy management.
- Collaborates with other members of the Education Department on joint educational initiatives.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Valid New Jersey State RN License required. Previous hospital nursing experience required.
- Master's Degree in Nursing or related field preferred.
- Certification in Wound Care, WCC required CWOCN or CWS preferred or certification pending within 1 year
- Certified BLS or completion in first 90 days of employment required.
- Excellent presentation skills and organizational skills required.
At Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation, our intense focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment. We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan with a variety of options to meet your health-care needs which includes the following:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Sick Days
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Join the network of over 40,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.