Clinical Illness Recovery Hospital
Who we are:
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Do you thrive on collaboration? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us.
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and welcome new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
You will provide quality nutritional care to patients such as the development, implementation and monitoring of Medical Nutrition Therapies. You will work collaboratively with the medical staff, patients, families and food service department to ensure the patients’ nutrition care plans are implemented and departmental standards are maintained.
- Performing nutritional assessments and re-assessments, identifying short and long term goals, recommending nutrition interventions, monitoring and evaluating patient progress.
- Working closely with the Speech Therapy Department to assist with the progression of textured modified diets to ensure patient safety and optimize oral intake.
- Evaluating potential food/drug interactions, and/or herb/supplement interactions.
- Developing and implementing educational programs for patients and staff.
- Serving as a resource to the medical staff regarding emerging trends in the nutritional care of our patient population.
- Attending interdisciplinary team meetings and communicating patients’ nutrition care plan, progress and special needs.
- Participating in developing, planning and standardizing menus.
- Performing meal rounds to ensure patients' meal trays are consistent with the prescribed diet and meet standards as to quality, quantity, temperature and appearance.
- Maintaining current professional registration requirements (i.e., Professional Portfolio, self-development and continuing education).
- Communicating the patients’ needs to appropriate team members.
How you will be successful in this environment:
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Having a Bachelor’s degree with major studies in food and nutrition.
- Maintaining your current state licensure as well as being currently registered by the Commission on Dietetics Registration.
- One (1) year of work experience in a facility setting with clinical responsibilities or equivalent.
- Having a positive, compassionate and customer-service oriented attitude.
Your benefits as a Clinical Dietitian:
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and meaningful lives beyond our doors.
- The opportunity to care for complex, critically ill patients in a compassionate environment.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join our team!
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.