Health Information / Credentialing Manager
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Health Information / Credentialing Manager
Select Specialty/Regency Hospital is seeking a Health Information / Credentialing Manager that is passionate about the non-clinical side of health care. As a HIM you will be working with medical files, credentialing, paper and electronic records (EPIC). At Select Specialty/ Regency Hospital, a division of Select Medical, our hospitals care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. You will be responsible for managing the credentialing department, working with records, filing and managing the Health Information Techs. We offer an exceptional employee experience, an environment dedicated to safety and quality, ongoing educational and skill-building resources and advancement opportunities across the U.S.
- Record processing and physician record completion
- Maintain timely and accurate paper and electronic records to meet the requirements for licensure and certification.
- Collaborate with clinical leadership to make sure the Hospital is survey ready (JACHO, CMS)
- Filing of transcribed reports and other documentation
- Filing, Storage/retrieval of documents
- Release of confidential information (according to regulations)
- Record maintenance as well as maintenance of medical and allied health staff credentialing files to meet regulatory requirements
As a Health Information /Credentialing Manger you will be responsible for planning, organizing and directing the Health Information and Credentialing Services. Including record processing and physician record completion, transcription, filing, storage/retrieval, release of confidential information, maintenance and safety/security of all medical records, as well as, maintenance of medical and allied health staff credentialing files to meet regulatory requirements.
Other responsibilities include:
- Consistently demonstrating commitment to customer service excellence in all interactions with patients, family members, visitors and other staff.
- Participating in building and maintaining positive working relationships through effective communication, performance improvement and teamwork efforts. Demonstrates the ability to clearly and effectively communicate (to include reading, writing, and speaking) to all patients, family members, visitors and other staff members.
- Accomplishing individual and team goals and objectives established by your supervisor based on prior performance evaluation.
- Assembling and analysis of medical records in accordance to hospital policy, and regulatory requirements for medical record documentation (JCAHO, CARF, and CMS).
- Assisting the clinical team in chart completion by running weekly reports of incomplete/delinquent medical records, pulling charts for completion, providing feedback on performance, and processing transcription/miscellaneous reports.
- Performing concurrent and retrospective ongoing records reviews to ensure compliance to standards for medical record documentation.
- Associates degree in Health Care and/or HIM
- Two (3) years of work experience in a Health Information or Credentialing department of a health care facility
- Medical records experience (electronic EPIC and paper charts)
- Experience in managing records department or office
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Joint Commission standards required
Our hospital's small team environment allows us to keep our focus where it belongs- on each patient.
We are committed to your growth and success- that’s why we offer an excellent orientation, training and development programs, and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Your benefits as a Registered Nurse (RN):
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and meaningful lives beyond our doors.
- The opportunity to care for complex, critically ill patients in a compassionate environment.
- A tailored orientation process to meet the needs of our new hire.
- Tuition Reimbursement totaling up to $5,000/year.
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance totaling $1,000 per quarter ($4,000 per year).
- 100% company-paid RN to BSN scholarship.
- Nurse Executive Development Program, which is a mentoring initiative that shapes top-performing nurses into leaders in our hospitals.
- Clinical Advancement Program for RNs who would like to advance their skills with a PCCN certification and/or CCRN certification, both of which would include a $1,200 quarterly bonuses.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join our team!
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.