Patient Service Specialist (PSS)/Medical Assistant - Philadelphia, PA
WORKNET is looking to hire a Full Time, Certified Medical Assistant/Patient Service Specialist in our Occupational Medicine Clinic located in Philadelphia, PA.
- Patient-centered mindset: Customer service is a top priority
- Efficiency: Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize patient services activities and other general office duties effectively
- Exceptional communication skills: Communicate with empathy
- Detail-oriented: Attentiveness to all the details to ensure things are done correctly the first time
- Resilient: Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of patients and colleagues, especially when things change
- Positivity: Maintain an optimistic “can-do” attitude; inspire and encourage others to do the same
Fifty percent of our practice is physicals for post offer, return to work, or surveillance. We have excellent client relationships because of our emphasis on customer service. We need a medical assistant who is detail oriented, has excellent customer service and communication skills, and works well on a team to assist us in maintaining and growing the medical assistant function in our office. This is primarily a Medical Assistant position, but may be required to assist with front desk administrative duties and must be willing to help drive the company van to trasnport patients to and from appointments. Ideal candidate has a minimum of 1 year experience. Excellent benefits and working environment. EOE compliant. This is a full time Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm position that includes 40 hours per week. If you believe you have these skills and traits, please apply today!
WORKNET Occupational Medicine managed by NovaCare Rehabilitation is a group of medical facilities that focus on physician-owned occupational medicine practices in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Our goal is to treat patients within these practices in efforts to keep the working population in American healthy and fit. We accomplish this by providing superior work-related injury treatment, drug & alcohol testing, physical exams, vaccinations, and injury-prevention training programs.
The ideal candidate possesses the ability to perform the following patient services activities with positivity and excellence:
- Warmly greet every patient with eye contact and a smile
- Register new patients and let them know what to expect during their visit
- Schedule appointments
- Verify insurance and present information to patients clearly and concisely
- Collect co-pays
- Obtain insurance authorizations when required
- Communicate with our corporate central business office
- Conform to all HIPAA guidelines
- Be a team player
- The position requires a friendly, fast-paced, multi-tasking individual, as this particular facility is an extraordinarily busy practice. The applicant should have good clinical skill specific to taking vitals, medical triage, phlebotomy, administering vaccinations, and general clinical knowledge.
- Clinic Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Type of Employment: Full time
- Hours: Must have availability between 6am-7pm Monday-Friday and some half days on Saturdays
- Full Medical and Dental Benefits: Yes (32+ hours)
- Previous medical office experience: Strongly Preferred
- Previous experience with insurance/billing: Strongly Preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience in a clinical office environment preferred, but not required
- Ability to use all necessary office equipment with proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook (e-mail).
- The ideal candidate must be a Certified Medical Assistant and some Occupational Medicine experience is preferred (Drug testing, Alcohol testing, Spirometry, Audiograms, Fit Testing). Candidates need to have an extraordinary sense of detail and ability to work through unexpected situations. Flexibility and team work are also very important.
At Select Medical, we achieve results through our strong cultural behaviors and want employees to:
- Be Patient-Centered: focus on the needs of patients to help improve their lives
- Build Trust: speak up, make good decisions, and trust others to do the same
- Own the Future: own your success and take action to build a successful career
- Think First: understand that good data is key to achieving superior results
- Celebrate Success: recognize and reward others for the value they create
- Create Change: innovate in how you perform your role
Select Medical is the nation’s leading outpatient therapy provider and our teams are dedicated to the communities we serve and to delivering an exceptional patient experience in a welcoming and positive environment.
We operate over 1,740 locations in 37 states, plus the District of Columbia, primarily operating as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical teams provide preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payers and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. We are looking for someone to join our team who will help us make a positive impact in the local community and throughout our company!
To apply, complete our FULL HR application at Job ID 141542 https://careers.selectmedical.com/.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.