Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Market Director of Business Development
The Market Director of Business Development leads the business development and admissions efforts for three critical illness recovery hospitals (172 beds) in Columbus, Ohio. The successful candidate will oversee a team of 10 clinical liaisons and five admissions coordinators in developing and nurturing professional relationships with physicians, discharge planners, payers, and other clinicians in acute care hospitals.
- Be a servant leader who works along-side liaisons in the field and who creates patient-centered partnerships with hospital leaders at every level
- Be highly attentive to the needs of your team in the field: be available to remove obstacles and invest in continuous training and employee development
- Collaborate with hospital directors and CEOs to create admissions strategies and remove obstacles to patient admissions and discharges
- Craft messaging that Liaisons can take into the field to improve understanding of and focus on our specialized level of care
- Use data to understand hospital and market trends and to advise teammates and referring entities in best practices
- Knowledge of healthcare reimbursement and regulatory standards.
- Knowledge of hospital care and discharge practices
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- A love of learning
- Proven success in relationship development with people within and outside our organization
- Ability to work collaboratively with members of the marketing and nurse liaison teams to establish and achieve referral goals.
- Professional sales skills required.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Marketing or a clinical field (Masters preferred).
- Five or more years of progressive experience in hospital sales and marketing.
- Three or more years of team management experience.
Company Info and Benefits
Select Medical is one of the nation's largest providers of healthcare. Our national network of over 50,000 employees helps improve quality of life for more than 70,000 patients every day.
Our talented employees are guided daily by a set of core values and cultural behaviors that drive our hospital teams to deliver an exceptional patient experience and for the company to deliver an exceptional employee experience.
At Select Medical, our full-time employees enjoy comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs.
Full-time benefits include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO), including Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Monthly and quarterly bonus plan
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
Join a Select Team of Excellence Today!
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.