The Staff Accountant plays a significant role in the monthly financial close process for shared services. The Accountant is responsible for preparing journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, and performing account analysis. They ensure accuracy and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles as well as internal accounting controls.
- Prepare and verify the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications, ensuring all entries are in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare and assist in review of the shared services entities financial statements and balance sheet account reconciliations monthly
- Assist with fluctuation analysis and analytical review of quarterly financial information
- Document, maintain, and follow policies and procedures in order to ensure an effective system of internal accounting control and compliance with SOX 404
- Support audit process by providing information and direct interaction with auditors, both internal and external, on a quarterly and annual basis
- Assist with the integration of acquisitions into our financial systems and processes
- Participate in the annual budget process - compilation of all data and entry into Hyperion Planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 0-3 years applicable accounting experience (willing to hire a recent college graduate)
- Strong analytical and time management skills
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
- Experience with large-scale financial systems (Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP) preferred
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Select Medical is an EOE.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.