Director of Quality Management - Inpatient Rehab
North Shore Rehabilitation Hospital
*A quad-venture between Ochsner Health System, St. Tammany, Slidell Memorial, and Select Medical*
Director of Quality Management (DQM)
North Shore Rehabilitation Hospital is currently seeking a Director of Quality to join their collaborative leadership team. The Director of Quality Management is a valued member of our team and ensures we are keeping our patients and employees safe. This is a great opportunity for a strong nurse leader who is looking to take the next step in their professional career or for an experienced director looking to join a dynamic organization.
We offer our Director of Quality Management a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, great vacation and sick time banks, competitive salary, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and a fantastic orientation/training program. Join our nationwide network of over 50K talented employees today!
Coordinates the Medical Quality Management and Performance Improvement activities to measurably enhance the quality, process and cost effectiveness of patient and customer services rendered. Coordinates the Performance Improvement and Patient Safety programs in accordance with the guidelines and regulatory requirements of Federal and State regulations on a hospital-wide basis. Oversees operations of the Infection Control and Employee Health Programs. Develops and Reviews policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all regulatory and accrediting standards. Collects data to monitor compliance and/or trends.
- Institutes and monitors the Hospital’s CQI Processes, utilizing data analysis measuring tools. Oversight/coordination of operations of the Infection Control & Employee Health Program based upon hospital size and configuration.
- Assists with the design and compliance of quality processes/activities in the areas of clinical/medical staff PI for all applicable clinical/medical TJC /CARF/DOH standards. Assists with all assigned activities to assure that the hospital maintains accreditation, certification and licensure. Assumes leadership with the Joint Commission and DOH as well as other regulatory agencies with regard to CQI activities.
- Serves as a resource for all departments within the facility to provide guidance on designing, implementing, analyzing and reporting on Quality Improvement.
- Assists clinical areas in developing criteria, monitoring and reporting mechanisms and action documentation related to the hospital’s CQI program.
- Performs basic chart review activities with appropriate staff for outcome utilization, infection control and medical CQI indicators. Analyzes results of chart review activities with appropriate staff and confers with department staff on any case requiring special attention.
- Prepares analysis of significant PI findings pertaining to adverse drug reactions, drug usage evaluation, medical management of acute transfers and other CQI indicators.
Other requirements of the Director of Quality Management role include:
- Baccalaureate Degree in nursing required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Previous experience in Quality Improvement, with Statistical Process Control experience and computer skills preferred.
- Demonstrates familiarity with accrediting standards, including JCAHO and CARF preferred.
- Current membership/certification in the national and State Association of Quality Assurance Professional preferred.
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.