Per Diem Building Maintenance Technician
UF Health Rehabilitation Hospital
*A collaborative partnership with Select Medical & UF Health*
PRN Building Maintenance Technician
At UF Health Rehabilitation Hospital our services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery. We are currently seeking a Building Maintenance Technician to join our team.
Benefits of the position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Joining a network of over 50,000 employees
A Maintenance Mechanic performs general mechanical and preventive tasks. Inspects, services, repairs and overhauls physical plant equipment as directed. Duties are performed in relation with patient and employee safety. Enhances the patient/employee experience by maintaining and improving the environment.
- At the direction of the Director of Plant Operations, assists with maintenance, monitoring, and performance of preventive maintenance on all equipment including, but not limited to, refrigeration, heat exchanger, HVAC, electrical, emergency backup electrical systems and hot water systems
- Monitors operation, adjusts, and maintains refrigeration, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; boilers, and ventilating and hot water heaters; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; record readings and make adjustments where necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
- Assist with the installation and repair plumbing/piping/tubing; wire single and three phase motors
- Install and rebuild pumps and motors; install and rebuild air compressors; heat exchangers; replace bearings in all types of motors; replace seals on pumps; install and repair piping, valves, filters, hot water systems and associated controls; assist other mechanics and operators with major repairs and maintenance of building and equipment.
- Install, repair, and maintain electrical controls, switching and motor controls
- Troubleshoots and performs minor repairs to secondary electrical circuits, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, utility and refrigeration systems
- Monitor operation, repair, and maintain refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; recording readings as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions
- Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintains a clean and safe workplace.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Trade or vocational school background preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance, repair and safety procedures required
- Current and valid state Driver’s License required
- Current Black Seal license preferred (unless dictated as otherwise by state - six month option as a condition of employment)
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.