Centralized Scheduler (KORT) - Louisville, KY
We are looking for a Full time Centralized Scheduler who will be responsible for scheduling patients for therapy throughout an assigned region.
This position includes normal business hours - no weekends.
An ideal candidate has excellent organizational skills, as well as strong analytical skills, including troubleshooting and problem solving. We're looking for someone with strong customer service and interpersonal skills as well as strong attention to detail and commitment to quality and process improvement. Excellent telephone skills are a must, as is a strong computer and technological background.
Additional skills and abilities would include:
- Familiarity with rehab therapy treatment and medical terminology.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Industrial Services and product lines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at multiple levels.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Work as a team to ensure office is working efficiently and that all calls are made timely to potential patients and referral sources.
- Responsible for accurate procedure scheduling.
- Effectively communicates with patients, families, healthcare team members the time of visit, visit expectations, facility directions and web address to access New Patient paperwork.
- Requests an accurate clinical history as necessary for the exam. Provides instructions and specific preparations to the individual scheduling the procedure.
- Reviews and evaluates scheduled appointments for completeness.
- Assists with pre-registration process by obtaining demographic information and insurance information.
- Receives Physician orders and schedules procedures by both telephone and electronic media.
- Obtains provisional diagnosis, Physician orders and patient history to substantiate the requested treatment.
- Communicates scheduling concerns to the Center Manager or market leader.
- Communicate scheduled appointments with team members at the center and scans in any supporting documentation.
- Place calls to patients for Prehab scheduling for pre-surgical appointment.
- Works closely with the marketing department for additional opportunities to develop referral sources, as well as reports any barriers to receiving referrals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Clinic Location: Louisville, KY
- Type of Employment: Full time
- Full Medical and Dental Benefits: Yes (for 32+ hours per week)
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two years’ experience in Healthcare field dealing with customer service.
- Industry Specific Customer Service Certification preferred.
- Associate or Bachelors degree preferred, OR 2 years experience in similar role.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
- Ability to independently lift twenty-five (25) pounds of weight.
Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1700 locations in 37 states, plus the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payers and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
To apply, complete our FULL HR application at https://careers.selectmedical.com/.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.