Patient Service Specialist (PSS) - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Select Medical is the nation’s leading physical therapy provider and our teams are dedicated to the communities we serve and to delivering an exceptional patient experience in a welcoming, positive, and helpful environment.
Are you someone who absolutely loves to be of service to others? Do you enjoy when people depend on you for help? Are you organized and detail-oriented? Do you thrive on building relationships with others? If so, the Patient Service Specialist role could be a great fit for you.
Working as a Patient Service Specialist at Select Medical can be a highly fulfilling job that allows you to have a positive impact on the patient’s experience, your coworkers’ experience, and the results we achieve as a company, which will lead to your own personal and professional growth! At Select Medical, we believe that there are no small jobs and that every team member has a critical role to play in our success. As such, as a Patient Service Specialist, your performance is one of the keys to our ability to consistently provide a great place for patients to receive care and treatment, and a great place for employees to work.
The ideal candidate possesses the ability to consistently perform the following job duties with excellence:
- Warmly greet every patient with eye contact, a smile, and a positive statement
- Attentively register new and existing patients as they arrive, offering them information as necessary to ensure they know what to expect during their visit
- Thoughtfully schedule patient appointments in person or over the phone by showing empathy for their needs and limitations
- Carefully conduct insurance authorizations and verifications
- Collect co-pays from patients with attention to detail
- Offer a fond farewell, providing any pertinent information about their next appointment
- Respond to requests for information from patients, providers, and coworkers in a timely manner and with a positive attitude
- Show you are a team player who is committed to excellence by assisting your peers with general clinic maintenance and upkeep
- Live the Select Medical Values in every interaction, every day
As a Select Medical employee, we want you to:
- Be Patient-Centered: focus on the needs of patients to help improve their lives
- Build Trust: speak up, make good decisions, and trust others to do the same
- Own the Future: own your success and take action to build a successful career
- Think First: understand that good data is key to achieving superior results
- Celebrate Success: recognize and reward others for the value they create
- Create Change: innovate in how you perform your role
Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1700 locations in 37 states, plus the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, and Saco Bay Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payers and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
To apply, complete our FULL HR application at www.careers.selectmedical.com
- Adaptable and Flexible: willing to adapt or adjust to accommodate your colleagues and patients
- Patient-centric mindset: the patient always comes first and you will make the first and last impression on them
- Exceptional communication skills: communicate proactively and with empathy
- Detail-oriented: people count on you to ensure all the details are done correctly the first time around
- Team Player: you will be an integral part of a clinical team
- Schedule: Full Time; Day Shift, Must be able to work shift work as early as 6am or as late as 7pm Mon thru Friday and some half days on Saturdays.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to use all necessary office equipment (faxes, copiers, computers, telephones, etc.)
- Ability to type 40 words per minute preferred
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.